Cinnamon is best known as a spice, sprinkled on toast and lattes. But extracts from the bark of the cinnamon tree have also been used traditionally as medicine throughout the world.1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL).
Health Benefits of Cinnamon
- Cinnamon may help treat Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and increasing the amount of insulin production in the body.
- Cinnamon has anti fungal properties, and it’s been said that candida cannot live in a cinnamon environment.
- Cinnamon can reduce the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
- Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood. It is high in fiber,iron,calcium and manganese.
- Honey and Cinnamon combined has been found to relieve arthritis pain.
- When added to food, cinnamon inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
- Just smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
- Cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.
- Cinnamon has been found to be an effective natural remedy for eliminating headaches and migraine relief.
- Cinnamon can also help stablize blood sugar (which is great for weight loss). A couple of dashes in your morning tea or cereal is all it takes!
Eat Healthy – Health Inspirations ~ Encouraging a Beautiful You!!!!