Hair is important for our looks. Why else would anyone spend so much of time, efforts and money to find that most suitable hairstyle for one’s face? Your hair gives you a distinct personality. So if you are worried about hair loss that you have noticed recently, there is nothing unnatural here. Even if you are losing only the normal amount of hair but want to have thicker hair, you may do so through various remedies for hair growth. So here we go and give you hair growth remedies with which you can have a good volume of hair without spending a whole lot of money for clinical treatments!
Home Remedies for Hair Growth
1. Onion juice- smelly but effective remedy for hair growth
Onion not only makes your food tasty but also makes your hair grow and multiply effectively. Why? Because onion juice has sulphur in it which boosts the production of collagen tissues. These tissues assist in re growth of your hair. You will only need red onions, even shallots would do.
- Take two to four onions.
- Grate the onions and squeeze out the grate thing to get its juice.
- Massage your scalp with this fresh onion juice.
- Let it be there for, preferably one hour. If not, leave it there at least for 15 minutes.
- Now wash off your hair with a mild shampoo and water.
Ayurvedic Herbs -Amla Shikakai Reetha- for long and strong hair
Indian gooseberry (amla) is well recognized as the powerhouse of vitamin C and antioxidants. Thus it helps in production of collagen and also fights off free radicals promoting hair growth and even improving pigmentation of your hair. You can simply mix 2 teaspoons each of amla powder and lime juice and rub this on your scalp. After some time, rinse with warm water. This will help your hair grow. There is, however, another herbal remedy using amla which can promote faster hair growth by making your hair long, strong and shiny. For this you’ll have to make a shampoo at home using amla, shikakai and reetha.
To make amla, shikakai, reetha shampoo, you will need:
- Amla or Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis) – 100 gm
- Shikakai (Fruit of Acacia concinna shrub) – 100 gm
- Reetha or soapnut (Sapindus Mukorossi) – 100 gm
- Water – 2 liters
- Soak all the three herbs- amla, shikakai and reetha – in water overnight.
- In the morning, boil the mixture till the time water reduces to half.
- Let it cool.
- Once the mixture cools, with the help of hands mash the boiled herbs to pulp in the water itself.
- Now strain and collect the homemade shampoo in another utensil.
- Wash your hair with this shampoo.
- Do not try to rub the herbal liquid as you do when using regular shampoos. This will entangle your hair leading to breakage as your hair goes rough as soon as it comes in contact with this herbal shampoo.
- The right way to use Amla-Shikakai-Reetha shampoo is to apply it over all of your wet hair and let the hair soak in it for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, rinse with water and apply some conditioner.
- Take care to not let the concoction enter your eyes.
This homemade shampoo will remove all the oil and dirt from your scalp and hair giving you healthier shiny hair with lots of volume. Use this amla herbs mix whenever you shampoo your hair for about 2 months. You will love the pace at which your hair grows. Source ~ .rapidhomeremedies
- Beauty Tips – Health Inspirations ~ Encouraging a Beautiful You!!!!