Carry a box of roasted peanuts and keep it in your office drawer. A healthy snack to have during those long boring meetings!
Health Benefits of Peanuts:
• Whole peanuts contains high amount of protein, which makes it a preferred diet of those people engaged in body-building and those people who are weak and underweight.
• Peanut contain vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that is shown to significantly reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
• Peanut contain iron which is essential for the correct functioning of red blood cells.
• Peanut is rich in calcium which helps promotes healthy bones.
• Peanut has higher bioflavonoid resveratrol content than grapes. This bioflavonoid is believed to improve blood flow in the brain by as much as 30%, thus greatly reducing the risk of stroke.
• Individuals with kidney or gallbladder problems should avoid eating peanuts, because peanuts contain measurable amounts of oxalates, a naturally occurring substance found in plants, animals and human beings. When oxalates become too concentrated in body fluids, they can crystallize and cause health problems.
• Individuals with thyroid problems may need to avoid peanuts because peanuts contains goitrogens, a naturally occurring substance in certain foods that can interfere with the functioning of they thyroid gland. Although cooking may help to inactivate the goitrogenic compounds found in food, but it is not clear from the study how many percentage of goitrogenic compounds get inactivated by cooking.
Compilation by Teacher BaffourHealth Inspirations – Tips – For Healthy Life – Take care of you Body. It is the only place you live